From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Kevin Brunson
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 10:38 AM

To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Migrating >From Windows 2000 AD to Win2k3 AD

If you promote that Exchange box to a domain controller, it really will break a lot of stuff.  You will be able to recover from most of it, but it will be a pain.  Then in the future, if you ever want to make it NOT a DC again, it will break that same stuff, and then you will probably NOT be able to recover it.  You WILL break OWA.  Guaranteed.  You might very well kill some other Exchange functionality as well.  It is possible you could get OWA back after a tremendous amount of effort, but you really don't want to promote that Exchange box.

Kevin Brunson