Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:58 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Moving Sysvol .

Yea, I'm not sure why one has to do with the other (GPO delegation and security of the DIT). GPO delegation simply involves granting permissions on a individual GPC objects in AD and individual folders in the GPT (SYSVOL). The only risk I can see is that it is marginally easier to fill up a disk by writing a ton of data into SYSVOL than it is to do that by generating millions of AD objects (both of which a "lesser" admin can do), but if either happens, you probably have bigger problems than the disk with the DIT on it filling up.