We had a similar issue here(much more frequently) and tracked it down to the WhatsUp process running under their credentials and logging into the servers to check process state. Changed the whatsup process to run under alternate credentials (duh) and the problem went away. My guess would be something similar, either a monitoring process or a scheduled job of some type.

Thanks,
Andrew Fidel

"Salandra, Justin A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

08/08/2006 11:30 AM

Please respond to
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

<ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
cc
Subject
[ActiveDir] Audit Logs on DC

Is it normal to see a person logging in and out over and over all day long every 90 minutes or so

I am getting a bunch of Event ID 540 and 538’s over and over for the same user every 90 minutes or so, is this just the Group Policy refreshing?  How can I pin point the actual user login and not just a refresh?

Justin A. Salandra
MCSE Windows 2000 & 2003
Network and Technology Services Manager
Catholic Healthcare System