HAL the same?

What's the exact error.... as there are times we have to mess with HALs and drivers and what not...

E-Bitz - SBS MVP the Official Blog of the SBS "Diva" : Disaster Myths of SBS:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2006/07/26/105867.aspx

http://downloads.eventpoint.com/teched2006/slides/SVR33020060615_091019.ppt?ticket=&id=

Check out that slide deck for some hints that may help.

mike kline wrote:
Metadata was already mentioned. If the server was holding any of the FSMO roles then you will need to seize those roles. Jorge has some good pages on his blog that will help you http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2006/01/05/373.aspx
Moving FSMO roles from one DC to another DC
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2005/12/03/213.aspx
Cleaning up the AD metadata of a DC or an AD domain
Thanks
Mike

On 8/8/06, *Tomasz Onyszko* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    *On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:49:16 -0400, Salandra, Justin A. wrote*

    > I have a server that we had to rebuild and we tried to restore
    the system state and the computer won't boot saying that there is
    a disk configuration problem.  Can we just rebuild the server and
    then Just run DCPROMO again using the same name to add it back in
    or do we have to go into NTDSUTIL and remove the DC First?

    Perform metadata cleanup first

-- Tomasz Onyszko
    http://www.w2k.pl/ (PL blog)
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/tomek (EN blog)

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days? http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I will
hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs