In light of the last post I've seen in this thread, are you absolutely sure
the account was deleted?  I'm skeptical since you seem quite certain that
the deletion occurred in a child domain where this particular security
principal does NOT exist.

Can you clarify the means by which the group was deleted, it may assist in
understanding what's going on here?

--
Dean Wells
MSEtechnology