Not quite.  You need to escape the comma like so:

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(displayName=phelps\, k*))

--Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matheesha Weerasinghe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] LDAP Logon Name

All I did was fix your query. It seemed like you were trying to do a
search for users who have "phelps,k" as the start of their
displayname.

I assume the printer wants a DN to do lookups. Any AD user should be
able to bind. But I dont know what it does with the bind credentials.
I've never configured a printer that needed to be given credentials to
an LDAP directory. Does it look at who submitted the job and do a
query for the persons email address and send them an email that its
done? I dont know.

You need to tell us how the LDAP credentials are going to be used by
the printer. Otherwise it may appear that we are not helpful. Which, I
well may be not ;-)

Sorry

M@