What he said.

Because who are they going to blame when 06-040 gets inside an unpatched network and nails Windows 2000 boxes and DOS's 2k3's?

Do they not let you patch at all...or not let you test patches? How are you deploying or mitigating issues now?

If I.. little SBSer that I am... can build a test bed... have patch canaries at the office.... have a patch process... and all that....

There is no "won't allow" when there is a California law on the books that requires said management to "take reasonable measures to secure client data". (AB1950 affecting data of California residents on 'any' computer).

That means patching in my book (among many things)

Then you build a patch testing process around your management. Patch some of the machines at a time. Choose people in your office that get patches first. But you build a change management process around second Tuesday of the month and get those machines at risk in a safe and protected, patched, mitigated, protected, whatevered state as fast as you can.

Brian Desmond wrote:

*Time to find a new manager*

* *

*Thanks,*