I like this approach myself and in fact recommend setting up some sort of security system to configure this to "mailbox admins" as in most orgs I have seen, actual mailbox maintenance at the folder level is done by someone who isn't a service admin. Basically in the past I have set up a website that you go into and request the access and it grants the access, it keeps track of who was given access in a log. Then when they don't need the access again they go back in and request it removed. If anyone requests access but then doesn't revoke it, that shows up on a report and someone can go clean it up or you can ask the website for what is currently delegated and have some or all of them closed out.

--
O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition - http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Coleman, Hunter
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 12:20 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Granting Exchange Mailbox Access

A different approach is for the Exch Full Admin to simply grant him/herself Full Mailbox Access->Allow on an individual, as-needed basis. I prefer this because it requires a conscious effort on the admin's part to access someone else's mailbox, regardless of what your corporate use policies state about email being the company's property.