From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:22 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] UAC Question

David, I think you just about have to come up with another method.  You mentioned earlier that your account lockout policies will unlock the account after a period of time meaning that, as JoeK pointed out, you'd have to constantly hit the account with bad attempts.  That would certainly negate any kind of logging/security mechanisms in place to try and find attempts to crack the passwords.  It would be lost in the designed attempts, so no point in even trying, right?

Anyhow, hopefully the conversations have stimulated some thoughts.  Just keep in mind that you're trying to build around a problem that shouldn't even exist.  You won't want to perpetuate that thinking or the associated problems if you can help it. Now might be a good time to put some ground work in that guides the next solutions down the road.

Good luck.
Al