> I forget if this is unique to SBS's AD setup or what..... but any
> network attached printer will automatically get attached to each
> workstation that is set up with the /connectcomputer wizard

I'm pretty sure this is unique to SBS - at least I would hope - nothing
like adding thousands of printer queues automatically to each
workstation :)

However, while we're discussing printer topics, it may be worth to point
out that Win2003 R2 has added a nice feature to automatically distribute
printer queues to computers via GPO. This is certainly useful for
branchoffices to auto-deploy specific shared printers to all machines in
a branch office site (incl. traveling users...)

This features is integrated with R2's Print Mgmt Console (PMC). It
attaches printer queue information to an existing GP object:
CN=PushedPrinterConnections underneath
CN=System,CN=Policies,CN={GPO},CN=Machine or
CN=System,CN=Policies,CN={GPO},CN=User (you will see a new node in the
GP editor called "Deployed Printers" on the R2 machine where the PMC is
installed). Your AD schema needs to have been updated to the R2 schema.
PMC is also installed automatically on any Longhorn Server to which you
add the Print Server role.

Note that the printer connections listed in the GPO are not added to the
clients by magic just because the GPO applies to them. For Windows XP
(and Windows Server 2003) clients, you have to run a specific machine
startup script or user logon script (pushprinterconnections.exe from
%WinDir%\PMCSnap) in the GPO. If you deploy to users, they must have the
rights to install printers...  Vista (and LH server) do not require the
use of a script, as they have the logic to push the printer connections
built in.  Afaik, there is no support to push the queues to Win2000
clients.

Naturally, it has been possible for years to push printer queues to
clients via scripts, but if you have a pure WinXP client environment
doing so via the PMC and GPOs could be quite attractive and reduce the
cost for maintenance of the scripts - especially for branch offices...

/Guido