-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mathieu CHATEAU
Sent: woensdag 30 augustus 2006 22:15
To: Victor W.
Cc: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re[4]: [ActiveDir] Add folder with quota to existing
mailboxes -
via scripting or tool

Hello Victor,

sorry.

Here is the working for the Root folder:
On Error Resume Next

set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
set inbox = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").getDefaultFolder(6).Parent
set temp5 = inbox.folders.add("Added by vbscript",6)

Regards,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://lordoftheping.blogspot.com

VW> Thanks for this Mathieu, the script which creates the folder under
VW> the inbox works good.
VW> To create it in the root must be a little more complex because this
VW> doesnt work yet.
VW> When I fire up the script it prompts me with the following error:

VW> Error:  Object doesnt support this property or method:
VW> 'olApp.GetNamespace(...).Folder'
VW> Code:           800A01B6

VW> Can you point me in the right direction to solve this?

VW> Cheers,

VW> Victor

vwpn>> Thanks Brian and Mathieu,

vwpn>> I will tell a little bit more about the background of this. The
vwpn>> customer has asked for a folder called "private" to be created
in
vwpn>> the root of every users mailbox and if possible set a quota to
vwpn>> this
VW> folder.

vwpn>> After this has been done, the customer wants to instruct his
vwpn>> users to use only this folder only as their personal/private
vwpn>> email folder and move everything that the users sees as being
vwpn>> private, to the private folder. From that moment on, all other
vwpn>> folders in the users mailboxes are no longer considered as
private/personal.

vwpn>> I do have some additional questions:

vwpn>> - how would the script look if the requirement would be to
create
vwpn>> the folder in the root.

vwpn>> - The way the script is set up now, do I have to set up which
vwpn>> users this script will apply to, I mean will it now apply to all
vwpn>> users in the entire domain which are mailbox enabled?

vwpn>> - Is there any way that I can specify which users this script
has
vwpn>> to be applied to, I mean can I run it against all mailbox
enabled
vwpn>> users in a specific OU?

vwpn>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
vwpn>> -
vwpn>> ------
vwpn>> -------
vwpn>> Re[2]: [ActiveDir] Add folder with quota to existing mailboxes -
vwpn>> via scripting or tool
vwpn>> From: Mathieu CHATEAU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
vwpn>> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:24:47 +0200

vwpn>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
vwpn>> -
vwpn>> ------
vwpn>> --------

vwpn>> Hello Victor,

vwpn>> If the folder already exist, it will simply do nothing, except
vwpn>> going into errors..

vwpn>> need to add a on error resume next or test if the folder exist
before.

vwpn>> will create  in the inbox, as a subfolder

vwpn>> I don't see your goal with this folder...except if you turn
vwpn>> special rights on it.

vwpn>> may ask them to put it [private] in the subject instead (it will
vwpn>> work for the sent folders)

vwpn>> Regards,

vwpn>> Mathieu CHATEAU

vwpn>> http://lordoftheping.blogspot.com