-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Graham Turner
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:21 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] adm file management

Darren, thanks 4 mail back

in the interim i dug into the 'versioning' of these ADM's and it seems that
"most recent" versions are not always in the same OS

i cite comparison of ADM version (ie dates) on different OS

conf.adm - 22/2/03 (2003/SP1) - 17/7/04 (xp sp2) system.adm -  18/02/05
(2003 / sp1)  - 17/07/04 (xp / sp2)

so if i read this tight it would seem the rule of latest OS is not strict -
hence my view to come back to the 'most recent' ??

i assume if the 'admin' workstation is running windows server 2003 we are ok
to put in the ADM files shipped with say XP sp2, assuming of course as above
they are more recent ?