Thanks for the reply. I did see some of the topics covering this, but they all seemed to cover situations where there were several DCs functioning.

The newer DC was built about 1 year ago, but it never synced correctly and was powered down for over 60 days at a time. Since this is a very small, basic setup, there are no fancy or custom GPs or special groups. The problem is that no one really knows much about the infrastructure since so many people have hacked at it over the past 2 years.

Since the offline DC has never fully replicated with the original one, at what point in the seizure does it create its own sysvol?

I would prefer to resolve the journal issue if possible. My confusion is how to do it without a good DC to restore from?

Thanks again,
Aaron