Title: Message
Sorry posted this in the wrong group not a good week for me...

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Strongosky
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 1:49 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Restore left Info store in an inconsistant state.

Hey Brian, thanks for the response, we in the process of moving to ex 2003 but in the AD migration part and this server external disk array is dying and sorry Ed, they don't trust the move server method as we have to move roles so since I've done a restore to a new server with win2k 3 years ago with Microsoft's help and was using the same process. (i.e. rename all dbdata and mdbdata directories and rename server to same name, same EX services, restore dbase etc etc) and this error did not happen with that restore but the info store would not start because of an index problem which Microsoft said would happen so I did a defrag on that server and every thing worked on that server, but when I restored this dbase for the second time after renaming the directories etc, to check to see if I was doing everything ok, and did an eseutil /mh on the priv dbase before I tried and start the info store it said it was in an inconsistent state, which blew me away...as I just did a restore of this dbase to my recovery server to recover some email the 2 weeks before and now my boss's are questioning the saves....So I'm trying to come up with another plan and I was thinking of doing an offline save of this server as we cant copy a 26gb file across the wan, restore the logs/dbase/working dbase to same directory's on the new server and then try and bring up the dbase...any thoughts..

john