You make strong points Ken.  I will say my concern is not around the home users nearly as much, but more because that distinction is completely lost in the message that Jessper puts out.  You'll see that concern realized here: http://software.silicon.com/security/0,39024655,39130618,00.htm
They're not talking about home users at all.

The problem with being sensational in your declarations is that, well, you're sensational and people completely take off with the information. I don't see much work being done to correct that thinking, and as I mentioned I believe he's also throwing his hands in the air and saying, "well, we couldn't make things work any better.  Passport (and similar) is a failure so let's go back to what works."

I do wholeheartedly agree that risk is something that varies widely and should be a case by case basis.  I get that. I'd like to see this done a bit differently I suppose.

Al