From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:14 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Elevating privileges from DA to EA

It has been suggested by certain parties here that elevating one's rights from AD to EA is 'simple'.

I have suggested that whilst it's possible it is not simple at all.

Does anyone have any descriptions of methods / backdoors / workarounds etc that can be used to elevate rights in this way? Naturally, you may prefer to send this to me offline :) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I can think of the following basic methods:
 - Remove DC disks and edit offline
 - Introduce key logger on admin workstation / DC
 - Inject code into lsass

As you can see, I don't want specific steps to 'hack' the DC, just basic ideas / methods.

Thanks,
neil

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email please notify the sender immediately and delete your
copy from your system. You must not copy, distribute or take any further
action in reliance on it. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc ('NIplc') will not, to the extent permitted by law,
accept responsibility or liability for (a) the accuracy or completeness of,
or (b) the presence of any virus, worm or similar malicious or disabling
code in, this message or any attachment(s) to it. If verification of this
email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated
this email: (1) is not, and should not be treated or relied upon as,
investment research; (2) contains views or opinions that are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of NIplc; (3) is intended
for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation, solicitation or
offer to buy or sell securities or related financial instruments. NIplc
does not provide investment services to private customers. Authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England
no. 1550505 VAT No. 447 2492 35. Registered Office: 1 St Martin's-le-Grand,
London, EC1A 4NP. A member of the Nomura group of companies.