*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Lucas, Bryan
*Sent:* Saturday, November 04, 2006 2:50 PM
*To:* ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
*Subject:* [ActiveDir] DC crashing / LSASS --> memory leak

I’ve got a Win2000 SP4 box that I believe has LSASS crashing leading to a huge run on memory causing the system to page and yield a Virtual Memory is too low… type error and all access to the server is cutoff essentially (other than local logon).

After rebooting twice and watching TaskMgr, I see LSASS spike for about 4-8 seconds, then flatline and memory starts going nuts. The box becomes extremely unresponsive. I’m rebooting to safe mode now to review the logs, but in the mean time does anyone have any ideas?

The box has been fairly stable for a long time now.

Bryan Lucas

Server Administrator

Texas Christian University

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx