Thank you for your input.

I hear you about SBS, but for small businesses it is really a great deal. We are a managed solution provider and most of our clients are in the SBS range of 5-50 users, for which SBS cannot be beat.

I love the RWW and try to use it as much as possible on SBS networks. However, there are still some laptops that require offline data access and intermittent connectivity to the network to update offline files, OST files, etc, for which the RWW alone is not enough. Also, I should have mentioned that the network of which I am speaking belongs to our largest client who does not use SBS. The reason I mentioned SBS is that I would like to leverage whatever solution comes out of this to our SBS clients.

We also have a policy that machines from which users connect must have latest AV and AS software, but users are normally admins on these machines (usually personal PCs/laptops). So, no matter what you do to the PC to make it secure, ultimately the user has control over it and its security is always in question.

Ideally, I would like any user that requires VPN access to the network to be using a corporate asset, such as a laptop, to which we are the only people with admin privileges. However, management requires certain users that are not issued company notebooks to have VPN access. I am just trying to balance requirements from management with proper security.

Dan DeStefano
Info-lution Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.info-lution.com