Boaz, what were you going to use to get valid test data if it was never on
the same network? More precisely, how will you certify that your test
environment is a valid representation of the production environment such
that you can use this test to mitigate your risks sufficiently?

I had to laugh out loud for the first one.  Although I agree with this idea
in principal, I've rarely seen it implemented.  Too many places make people
admins for the wrong reasons; trust is usually too subjective to propagate
in a large, de-centralized organization. In a small shop, the same person(s)
you trust with the keys to pick up the mail and pay the bills, often have
the trust to administer your Active Directory and buy the right coffee.
Personally, I may still classify them as "rogue" for the purposes of this
conversation. Dangerous certainly.