Did you try deleting the compter account in ad?

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Todd Hofert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Fri Nov 24 08:38:20 2006
To:     ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject:        [ActiveDir] Missing Computer Account

I shot myself in the foot and as a result need a little help. I have a
Win2003 Domain. I was setting up a new PC for a user and I thought I had
inadvertantly gave it the same computer name as the users existing
computer. I found it strange that it allowed me to do that, but I
changed the name of the computer and all seemed well. That is until the
user logged off of his computer. What actually happened was I named it
properly to begin with, then when I renamed it I gave it the same name
DOH!

Now I cannot get the users computer to log back into the domain. I have
removed the new PC from the domain, and have renamed the user PC a
couple of times but when logging on I get "Windows cannot connect to the
domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise
unavailable, or because your computer account was not found."

The computer account does appear in AD and the PC does have connectivity
and is able to see the domain controller.

Can anyone provide instructions how to get around this and get the
computer back in the domain?

Thanks
Todd

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other
than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx