Hi all

We are in the process of creating a SharePoint site that external users
(dealers) can access to obtain shipping information.  I have the
SharePoint server in my LAN with a reverse proxy appliance in the DMZ
that the dealers will use to access the SharePoint server.

The discussion came up about using a child domain for these dealers to
authenticate to the SharePoint server.  Is this an accepted practice
(create a child domain for the external users)?  How safe is this
compared to creating a separate OU for the dealer in the parent domain?

Thank you

Russ