I would go with option 3 - send and receive directly from your trusted
external partner, message labs.  The only benefit to having a DMZ based
relay is that you don't have to open tcp25 to/from your trusted network to
the outside vendor.  Not sure there is enough of a risk there to warrant a
DMZ approach.

ISA is capable of proxying the SMTP conversation, but in this case it's
likely just more complexity - can't KISS it.

DMZ relays are useful as I mentioned above: if you need to isolate
communications from your internal network to/from outside connections to
help you manage hack attacks. But in this case, you only get mail from a
trusted/semi-trusted partner.  There is no "outside" or "untrusted/trusted"
networks. The only thing you get with a DMZ host is added complexity and
management of infrastructure.

FWIW, ISA is useful for publishing OWA and so on.  I could see that
happening quite easily and fully recommend it where possible.

Al