Colleagues,

On two different Windows 2003 servers in as many weeks I have seen a
popup when I logged in that says "Your system is low on virtual memory.
Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.
During this process, memory requests for some applications may be
denied."

On one server, I had 2048 pagefile on C. On the other, I had 4096
pagefile on C, but the note at the bottom of the screen showed only
2050. Both servers have 2Gb physical RAM, and both are Exchange 2003
servers. I have now put 2048 on C: and another 2048 on F: on both
servers.

So, I wonder if I have things set up right, so I have a few questions:

1. Isn't the pagefile limit in 2K3 Standard 4Gb per drive as I have
read? Or is it actually 2Gb per drive?
2. With 2Gb physical RAM, isn't 4Gb pagefile the standard?
3. With the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 switches set, which is what I learned
to do in class, why do I still get the Event Log error message that says
"The memory settings for this server are not optimal for Exchange."?

--
Larry Wahlers
Concordia Technologies