-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Kern
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:12 PM
To: activedirectory
Subject: [ActiveDir] Send As(OT)

I have given a user "send As" perm directly on a universal distribution
group
in AD.
However, whenever this user slects the group from the GAL in the "From:"
field of Outlook 2k3 and attempts to send an email as that group, he gets an
error of "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of
the
specified user".

The group is NOT nested in any of the AdminSDHolder protected groups.
The user has been given "send as" perms directly on the UDG. He is in no
groups with expilict denys.
I have also tried giving my account "send as" perms to the group and I get
the same error.
I have waitied over 24hrs so its also not a info store cache/replication
issue.

I'm running exchange 2k3 sp2 with the latest hotfixes(including the send as
one) in a win2k3 forest(win2k3 FFL/DFL).

Any ideas would be great.

Thnaks for your time.