To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:29 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Cross-Forest Kerberos Delegation

Hi Steve,

Can you elaborate on this? I'm familiar with what S4U2self is for, but not sure how to tell whether I would need it or not. Are you saying below that protocol transition can be used cross-forest? I thought protocol transition was tied to constrained delegation (in a user/computer account's properties, on the delegation tab there is an option that says "any protocol", but that's only available in the section for constrained delegation. If that's the case, then how can protocol transition work cross-forest?

Cheers
Ken