Sincerely,

On 1/3/07, Mike Guest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 *Hi, sorry for the OT, but I got an issue and need some SMS help. If you
know an SMS list which is as good as this one is for AD, please let me know.
*

I know there are some people on this list who are good with SMS, so I'll
post an idea of my issue below. The answer may be simple, as I'm really a
beginner in SMS – or may be impossible for all I know L

We have a single SMS server serving clients on 4 sites, some of which are
over slow links (yes, I know, not ideal) which they want to start deploying
software from (it gets worse, doesn't it). The task I was given was that we
use a preexisting replicated DFS structure to keep a copy of the install
software, and expect AD site boundaries to ensure that clients pick up the
files from the central location.

I can't see any way in SMS to set up a remote distribution point (ie
anywhere but the SMS box). Seems no matter what I try, the clients (all
advanced) go back to the DP for the install files and not to the DFS

(note, they use DFS strangely here, they use it as a single domain root
replicating data between sites rather than using it to redirect users to
shares on other servers)

Is there any way to get a single SMS box to cause advanced clients to
install an app from a fileshare local to them?

Thanks in advance

Mike Guest
IT Solutions
*HML
*Padiham DDI: +44 (0)1282 682550
Internal Extension: (61) 2550

This email is intended only for the addressee named above. As this email
may contain confidential or privileged information, if you are not the named
addressee or receive this message in error, please notify us immediately,
delete it and do not make use of or copy it.

This message is protected by copyright. HML accepts no responsibility for
viruses found in this message or any file attachment.

Homeloan Management Limited
Registered in England No. 2214839
1 Providence Place, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 2HL