You could try using DHCP classid. If you set it on your clients when you
build them they will ignore anything with the "wrong" classid. I think
you can also control via group policy.

> What's more, nmap'ing the server, it had a VMWARE-owned MAC
> and no open ports whatsoever (tcp/udp), at least that I could
> find. Strange ;)

Probably an XP system with the firewall on. A real pain to manage

> We managed to overcome the issuse because the software load
> included an IP filtering component, so we decided to block
> UDP/67 and UDP/68 traffic from all IP addresses and only
> allow it for 255.255.255.255 and the IP address of the
> servers we were going to use... But using a whitelist is a
> bit of a PITA, so I was wondering if there was some other
> "cleaner" way to do it..
>
> Thank a lot in advance
>
>       Javier J

> List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and
are addressed. As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose this
email,  or any response to it,  under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.

If you receive this email in error please notify Stockport e-Services via
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and then permanently remove it from your system.

Thank you.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk