Sorry! I meant to ask is there anyone with a Vista RTM X86 PC with
more than 2GB of RAM.

Thanks
M@

On 1/11/07, Matheesha Weerasinghe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All

Sorry for the OT topic. I have a PC I use as my lab with VMs. It has
Vista Ultimate and only has 2GB of RAM and was working fine. However I
tried to upgrade the memory by using a 512MB module and the PC wont
boot now. It blue screens with a message similar to KB 929777.

I tried getting the hotfix from technet+ with no luck. Its stage is
"private" and wont be released until the 30th Jan. My Premier
connection doesn't seem to allow download of the hotfix either.

I would like to know before I try and escalate this whether there is
anyone out there with a Vista RTM PC with more than 4GB of RAM. I have
run memtest86 on my PC and it reports everything is working. However
I'd appreciate if I can get some confirmation that there are others
who either have the issue or dont.

Cheers

M@

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx