True when the client is joined to the domain. When it is not joined to the
domain the client does not issue a "give me a DC in site X" query. It issues a
"give me a DC in domain XYZ" query. It receives a response from DNS with ALL
the DCs listed that registered the domain wide service resource records. By
default all the DCs register the domain wide service resource records and the
site wide service resource records. To prevent, where a client in branch office
site X is serviced by a DC in branch office site Y after issuing a query for
"give me a DC in domain XYZ", it is a best practice to disable registration of
the domain wide service resource records by the branch office DCs and only
allow the HUB (main) office DCs to that. Most probably you have configured that
as you are saying the object creation is always done in the HUB. If you want to
target the computer account creation to the nearest DC, either:

·         You use NETDOM manually

·         You create some script/tool that:

o   Checks IP of client

o   Matches that to a subnet in AD

o   Retrieves the AD site that has that subnet

o   Query DNS for a DC in that site and use that in NETDOM

Example: NETDOM JOIN /DOMAIN:<domain>\<DC> /userD: <domain>\<user>
/PasswordD:<password> /OU:<DN of OU> /REboot

-----------

NETDOM JOIN Joins a workstation or member server to the domain.

machine is the name of the workstation or member server to be joined

/Domain         Specifies the domain which the machine should join. You

                can specify a particular domain controller by entering

                /Domain:domain\dc. If you specify a domain controller, you

                must also include the user's domain. For

                example: /UserD:domain\user

/UserD          User account used to make the connection with the domain

                specified by the /Domain argument

/PasswordD      Password of the user account specified by /UserD.  A * means

                to prompt for the password

/UserO          User account used to make the connection with the machine to

                be joined

/PasswordO      Password of the user account specified by /UserO.  A * means

                to prompt for the password

/OU             Organizational unit under which to create the machine account.

                This must be a fully qualified RFC 1779 DN for the OU.

                If not specified, the account will be created under the default

                organization unit for machine objects for that domain.

/REBoot         Specifies that the machine should be shutdown and automatically

                rebooted after the Join has completed.  The number of seconds

                before automatic shutdown can also be provided.  Default is

                30 seconds

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

MVP Profile à
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=f8c04f4a-bff2-453e-9aed-7dfedab0be10

MVP Home Site à https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

MVP Overview à https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum