From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 4:13 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] R2 Schema

(for those on the off chance interested in the SBS impact)

While SBS's "r2" release does not give you the functionality of the real R2 bits, to have DFSRv2 on member servers you have to bump the schema on the SBS DC.
The only parts of the real "r2" that SBS 2003 R2 gets is FSRM and MMC 3.0.

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2006/02/28/420825.aspx
More tech details there.

The printer management console doesn't need a schema update that I recall.. you just need the R2 install on that server.  I don't remember (don't think) I did anything on my DC when I enabled the Printer Management console on the member server.

Vinnie Cardona wrote:

Excellent.  Thank you.