-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of AdamT
Sent: Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2007 14:07
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Unable to logon after DCPromo - oddness

Dear collective,

I'm hoping somebody can help out with a little problem I've got here.
I've got a Windows 2003 R2 Server, which I've joined to a domain, and
dcpromo'd.

After the dcpromo and subsequent reboot, I can't logon to the server, either
'interactively' or via RDP, or using PsExec.  I can access file shares, like
c$, and I can point MMC snap-ins to the computer without problems.

The fact that the server is now a DC seems to have replicated around just
fine (all DCs show that the server is now in the Domain Controllers OU), but
all the SRV records are missing.

The system log is full of Netlogon 5774 events, suggesting I run dcdiag,
which is a nice suggestion, but I can't log on to the server to do it.

Another (healthy) DC's directory service logs shows plenty of event 1699s,
complaining:

The local domain controller failed to retrieve the changes requested for the
following directory partition. As a result, it was unable to send the change
requests to the domain controller at the following network address.

Directory partition:
CN=RID Manager$,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=co,DC=uk
Network address:
a5859b6d-e8a7-4b50-aab8-ba0e03d259f3._msdcs.domain.co.uk
Extended request code:
2

Additional Data
Error value:
8453 Replication access was denied.

Has something gone horribly wrong here, or am I overlooking something simple
that I'm going to kick myself about later?

Any ideas appreciated,

--
AdamT
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove