We set up a rule to grab the deletion events.... They tend to scroll off
our log in about a day so there are no reference events from which to
grab this info from...yet.  Thanks though.

I'm not sure if we've had success yet with viewing the deleted objects
via adrestore (sysinternals tool, thanks Mark R), but I sent them info
on how to do so along with a screen shot of what they should see.

Went through a KB article about using ldp to do it.  Yuck!  What a mess.
I'd include a link to that but I'd rather save the innocents from that
mess.   I'm sure there are other good ways to do it but...

Step 27) "... copy the long number in front of DELETED OBJECTS after the
second colon up to the 3rd colon and paste it..."

Rich Milburn
MCSE, Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Sr Network Analyst, Field Platform Development
Applebee's International, Inc.
4551 W. 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
913-967-2819
"I love the smell of red herrings in the morning" - anonymous