Hi James.Strachan,
    I am working cms(ActiveMQ-4.0) code on SuSe(Linux machine->
i686-suse-linux, version 2.6.13-15.8-default)

You refer me to use Queue to mentain the persistence in the cms code, but this is Outstanding Item http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/cms/docs/cms_overvi ew.pdf) according to the documentation. If it is under developing by the ActiveMQ team, then my I ask you when it will develope because my work is delaying. If you have any other option to maintain the persistence Please refere me so that I can start my work.
                    Thanks in advance

Regards
Arashad Ahamad