Right now the CPP client only supports the stomp protocol, which does
not support temporary topics.  So it's a limitation of the client in the
fact that it only supports the stomp protocol right now.

You could try one of the openwire clients, which you can get to from the
C Integration page (http://www.activemq.org/site/c-integration.html).  I
don't have any experience with these clients, but there are others on
the list that have used them in the past.

The top item on our list for the activemq-cpp client is to add support
for the openwire protocol, which will give it the functionality of
temporary topics (among other things).

Regards,
Nate