Hi,

The DN will overwrite the client-provided username (if any) when the
SslTransport writes it.

On 8/3/06, Kelly Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sepand,

One possible gotcha I haven't heard anyone bring up that we should
address is to make sure that someone can't just "fake" the DN in the
username field through a normal login and make the system think it's
authenticated with the certificate.

-Kelly

On 8/3/06, Hiram Chirino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Sepand,
>
> 4.1 and 4.0 branches are not that different yet.  If you need your
> solution for 4.0, go ahead and do it.  Chances are we will only apply
> it only to 4.1 (since this a new feature).
>
> On 8/3/06, Sepand M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks Hiram. That sounds great.
> >
> > I guess my last question is: what branch do I work off of? Personally,
> > I would like to build my stuff on a stable release (4.0.1), but I've
> > looked at the svn logs and you guys seem to be pretty active around
> > the stuff I want to change so I'm not sure how my changes could be
> > reintegrated once I'm done.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > On 8/3/06, Hiram Chirino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Sepand,
> > >
> > > Do what you need to to get you project done, you cand send us tidbit
> > > as you get it done and we can work on merging it back to the main
> > > branch.  The great thing is that you have a use case that we want to
> > > support, so if you put something together that work for you, I don't
> > > see why it would not just go whole hog into the main branch.

> > > Yeah I think this is overkill too.

Broker
Broker