The ActiveMQ committers have decided to aim for TLP status (1), as such we need to get a PPMC in place. Thus far we have been working under a "committer votes all count" style (really, everyone's vote counts, it is on a public list without any of the "mine is binding" stuff that has become popular), so I would like to open the discussion of formalizing the PPMC as all current committers on ActiveMQ.

We have been self-governing in that style so far, voting on releases, committer additions, project direction, and whatnot on the public - dev list (and forwarding the needed official things over to the incubator lists for the incubator pmc).

-Brian

1) Thread starts http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo- activemq-dev/200608.mbox/%3c6DCE6BA3-4C1C-469B- [EMAIL PROTECTED] but archive hasn't picked up the tally yet