Hi Christopher, Configuring startup destinations is only available from 4.1 onwards. I don't think it was included in the 4.0.1 release.

      http://activemq.org/site/configure-startup-destinations.html

You can try building from trunk or download the 4.1 snapshot to test this feature :

http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT

Regards,
Jonas

Christopher_Ong wrote:
So far I had tried few distribution from 4.0.1, 4.0.1 snapshot, 4.0.1
SNAPSHOT_27_09 and it seem tat only 4.0.1 snapshot_27_09 works wif d setting
of startup broker where we hav to set it at d activemq.xml whereas the other
distributions can't recognise "destinations". Quite surprising that even the
latest version 4.0.2 also din work on it. Is it true?