Kim has been working on a new generator and updated framing which should be in, in a few days. Might be worth waiting for that to eliminate rework. He has wiki page on it.

Carl.

Hiram Chirino wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys know that as the first step for ActiveMQ to
support the QPID protocol, I made a more decouple version of marshaling
generators that qpid implemented.  You can find the work here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/sandbox/qpid

Major differences between it and the original qpid versions are that
(1) it does not depend on MINA, or any of the qpid internals (including the
qpid exceptions).
(2) it follow the pattern of separating the command logic from the
marshalling logic. This is a pattern that has proven useful in our openwire
protocol.
(3) supports calling a visitor for faster/type safe command processing
(4) command properties now have getters and setters for better
encapsulation
(5) all commands now inherit from Frame (simplifies and reduces object
creation)

Ideally It would be nice if qpid could maintain nicely decoupled marshaling
package like this.  That way, ActiveMQ could just pick it up and use it.
But it's not a big deal for us to maintain so if it's not picked up, it's
not a big deal.

The module also includes integration into activemq where we add support for a 'qpid' transport which understands the amqp protocol using the above. A
small Main that starts up an ActiveMQ transport proxy was used to verify
that marshallers work. The proxy unmarshalls to the command objects and the
forwards which cases the same object to be remarshalled.

Now that we can talk the talk.. it should not take long for ActiveMQ to
directly support AMQP also.