Hi,
  It's really not so difficult, after all.  If you have a class that
extends BrokerFilter, then you can use the next.send(ConnectionContext
ctxt, Message msg) method to send a Message that has been generated.

 ActiveMQTopic responseTopic =
    new ActiveMQTopic(responseTopicString);
 ActiveMQTextMessage responseMsg =
    new ActiveMQTextMessage();
 responseMsg.setText( "this is the message text" );
 responseMsg.setDestination( responseTopic );
 responseMsg.setMessageId( new MessageId(
java.util.UUID.randomUUID().toString() ) );

 next.send(ctxt, responseMsg); /* this sends the message! */

  Thanks for all your great work on ActiveMQ!

  Patrick