From:                   "srikanth kasha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I am sending an email with an attached file (XML file) to a user who
> has to examine the contents of the file. After examining the file
> he/she has to run a script which resides in the same computer where
> the email will be opened. This script will compress and encrypt this
> xml file and ftp it to another site.
>
> What I want to do is, while sending this email I want to add a button
> or hypertext or any other control within the same email upon clicking
> which the script would be invoked and does encrypt and ftp the XML
> file transparent to the user.

Do you want an email you just got from someone to be able to run
whatever program it wants? Really?

What you could do is to wrap your script in .BAT (use
c:\perl\bin\pl2bat.bat), put a shortcut to the script onto the users
desktop and have him drop the XML on that icon.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me