From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Hello.
>
> I have IIS 5.0, Active Perl, Windows 2000.
>
> This past year, I picked up perl (I'm a VB programmer) and have been
> using it solely for cgi scripts. I've been useing notepad to program,
> and no debugger software. I don't have any additional modules
> installed other than what is included in 5.6.0.618, nor do I use any
> of the packages.
>
> I would now like to venture into compiling one of my scripts into a
> DLL, so that I may abstantiate it in one of my .asp page.
>
> What software do I need, and how would I go about doing this?

To create COM DLLs from Perl you need PerlCtrl, it's part of the
Perl Development Kit that can be purchased at
http://www.activestate.com

You may also use Perl in ASPs directly. Either via

        <SCRIPT language="PerlScript" runat=server>
        ... any Perl code
        </SCRIPT>

or
        <%@ Language=PerlScript %>
        <%
        ... any Perl code
        %>

all you need for this is a reasonably old ActivePerl (one year old is
new enough). You might want to install and use Win32::ASP or
ASP.pm to simplify some ASP specific issues.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me