From:                   "Kristofer Wolff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Last night i play around with the Inline-tool and search ppm for
> inline::java .- no result. So i went to cpan and download it.
>
> Now, since a few weeks i changed my personal pc up to win2000 and my
> office to WinXP.
>
> I know there is somewehere a tool for Unix-Make on windows, so i
> looked on the web for nmake / dmake and found one on the ibm.com site.
> but this do not work. a huge of errors in case of a broken makefile,
> or something like that. (dmake )
>
> so people, how to install modules from cpan on a win-box ? and where i
> can find nmake for win2000 and XP ?

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe

You may keep using the dmake, but you have to let Perl know about it.
If you choose to keep it open c:\perl\lib\Config.pm, search for
make=, and change it from
        make=nmake
        make=dmake

Then run the
        perl Makefile.PL
again and a dmake compatible makefile will be created.

There's another problem. If the module contains any XS code, you will
need a compiler, not only a make.

HTH, Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me