From: "Arms, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Jenda Krynicky ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Did anyone ever use that Dialog? The problem is, it says it can
> > > only use CSIDL_xxx Constants as Parameter for $rootdir. I'd like
> > > to start browsing in the current script path, but it seems I can't
> > > give it that dir as parameter?
> >
> > If I remember right it is possible to set the root to a custom
> > folder, but it's too hard. The API is quite convoluted.
> >
> > If anyone has the time and tuits to implement this I'll be happy to
> > incorporate the changes to Win32::FileOp.
>
> If this is a "root" like the "chroot" command in Unix, that
> would be useful in certain circumstances (e.g. restricting
> a user from browsing any higher than the "chroot" directory).

Yes, it's something like this.

> Normally we just want to to just start our browsing for
> a directory from a given start point (e.g. last save dir,
> current dir, some arbitrary app dir, etc.) but let the user
> fully navigate the full file system.

I've reviewed the docs and it seems the only way to do this is to
pass the SHBrowseForFolder call a callback that will respond to a
BFFM_INITIALIZED message, respond with BFFM_SETSELECTION and path of
the folder to select. Awfull. And currently AFAIK not possible with
Win32::API. I guess I'll have to use FFI instead of Win32::API for
this.

Did anyone already try to convert Win32::API calls to FFI? It seems
that it should be easy.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery