Hello Jason,

Tuesday, February 4, 2003 you wrote:
JW>   I've just installed ActivePerl 5.8 on my Win2k machine and now I'm
JW>   having difficulty finding modules through PPM that I use in a lot of
JW>   my scripts.

      Yes, unfortunately true.

      Some of the packages I needed but were not in a repository
      installed with nmake and ran fine. Others installed and passed
      tests but did not run. And others simply refused installation
      period.

      Scott Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> suggested I try the Winnipeg
      Theoretical Physics repository at
      http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms for the missing GD I needed
      and it was there. So you might try it.

      You might also try Jenda Krynicky's repository at
      http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz/perl/

      It was also suggested to me to try CPAN to update but this had
      really bad results for me.

      PPM itself seems buggy to me but maybe it is just quirky - I
      don't know.  I have yet to figure out how to make it search new
      repositories I've added without errors.

      But I will say that 5.8 is now working for me and most of
      my package issues have been resolved or I've implemented
      alternative solutions.

      Hope you find solutions -

Terry Fritts