Let's just relax,
the World is LARGE. There is enough elbow room for any language  :-) .

Though it would be nice to hear that some day we will have a REAL Perl compiler (Just like C++, etc...). Not just a stuff like PAR, Perl2Exe or others, but the real one. This would make Perl even more wanted and powerfull. Does anybody here know any project on this ???  I hope this is not just a day-dream...

Regards
Viktoras

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Mark, you have ONE 100,000 line perl procedure?
Geesh, ever thought about dividing that puppy up into
modules?  =)

Friend of mine on efnet #php just informed me that
he has written and IRC bot that is about 10,000 lines
of PHP code.  Not too bad.

Sure, PHP is a baby perl.  But remember, perl used
to be a baby too.  The point is that Perl 5 is a mature
scripting language now.  PHP is still in flux.  Python
and Ruby are also out there.  Perl 6 is in orbit
somewhere outside of Pluto.

Tony