Try

print "Hello World.\n";

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve
Horn
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; activeperl@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: What am I doing wrong here?

On Windows Active State perl whenever I try to run the program "print
("Hello World.\n");"; I keep getting the error messages "Bareword found
where operator expected at - line 1 near "print (Hello"" (missing
operator before Hello?), String found where operator expected at - line
1 near ""print ("" (Missing semicolon on previous line?), and String
found where operator expected at - line near "n");"".  What am I doing
wrong here and how do I fix this?  TIA Steve
--
  Steve Horn
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]