Hi,

I was using Perl 5.8.0 that comes default with RHEL
3.0. i started my cpan shell using "cpan" command and
set the configuration details. Coming back to the
problem, I digged into this whole 2 days and found
that there was some problem with LANG not being
"unset".
or LANG='C' and LC_ALL='C'. See this link:-

I also found my system had Perl-v5.8.0 and so I
installed 5.8.8.
Since I am trying to setup an environment for Apache
2.2.6 with mod_perl 2.0.3, i upgraded the perl version
as was mentioned in the docs of installing mod-perl
2.0.3. After I upgraded to new Perl v5.8.8, I got this
issue resolved and Module::Build installed fine.

But now I am faced with a new problem.
Perl v5.8.0. is in /usr/bin and
Perl v 5.8.8 is in /usr/local/bin.

All the modules that I install by default take the new
path of /usr/local/bin; which is exactly what I want.
But when I start/stop my Apache, it seems to be taking
the older default version of perl installed in
/usr/bin.

How can I make Apache pick my new Perl-installation???
Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Raghu