From: oscar gil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hello everybody,
>
>   Can anyone tell me why this simple code does not work?
>
>   <Job ID="Test">
>   <script language=PerlScript>
>
>   $objFSO = $WScript->CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
>   $objFile = $objFSO->CreateTextFile("test2.txt", ForWriting);
>
>   $objFile->WriteLine("Hello");
>

> </script>
> </Job>
>
> I got this error:
> Error: (in cleanup) Can't call method "Writeline" on an undefined value
>
> I suspect something with FileSystemObject but I could not find anything on
> the web and I have been searching for some days :-((((

You would only use Scripting.FileSystemObject if you are a strong
masochist.

open my $OUT, '>', "test2.txt" or die "Failed to open: $^E\n";
print $OUT "Hello\n";

just like in normal Perl.

And most likely the problem is permissions. The account undex which
the ASP page runs doesn't have enough permissions to create the file
in the current directory.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery