From: Bill Luebkert <dbec...@roadrunner.com>
> Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> How's it going man - long time no talk.

Well, you know :-)

> Obviously it's got something to do with the IS version.  You should
> check for kicks to see what binmode returns (T/F) when you do the :crlf
> option on STDOUT.

I did check that, it returns true.

>  There's no chance that another FH is being used/selected
> instead of STDOUT is there (when running in the IS env) ?

Not really, but since its running under PerlIS.dll I believe the
STDOUT is quite special

> Have you tried a test case using CGI.pm to do the headers ?  I personally
> don't use it, but it would handle the headers for you and if it fails,
> you can pretty much chalk it up to PerlIS.  CGI always uses CRLF I believe
> on Dozers.

CGI.pm does
   binmode(STDOUT);
on Windows, DOS, OS2 or Cygwin and then uses \015\012 (unless on VMS
or an EBCDIC system).

I thought I could rather

  binmode( STDOUT, ':crlf');

and have \n turned to CRLF everywhere.

From: Jan Dubois <
> But why would you want LF -> CRLF translation outside the http
> header? For content-type text/html this should not make any
> difference in the body of the response.

The script I actually ran into problems with was using text/xml where
is should not matter either but ... some clients are insanely picky
and do not use proper parsers.

In either case I think it will be best to

  binmode(STDOUT); # for perl.exe and in case you change PerlIS.dll
  print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\x0D\x0A" if($ENV{'PerlXS'} eq 'PerlIS');
  print "Content-type: text/html\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A";

And in case I do need the CRLF in the body (eg. if I generate a CSV
file ... MS Excel doesn't like using just LF) and do not want to have
to specify CRLF everywhere I can use the PerlIO::via::MyCRLF.

Thanks, Jenda
===== je...@krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery