Yesterday I noticed that by webbased Perl scripts stopped working.
That is the scripts ran OK, but the webserver (IIS7.0 under Windows
Vista SP1) only sent part of the output. Both IE8 and Google Chrome
kept on waiting for the rest of the pare until timeout,
LWP::UserAgent sometimes returned the partial response immediately,
sometimes waited for a timeout as well.

I tried it with ActivePerl builds 825, 822 and 1006. The behaviour
did not depend on the perl version.

It looked like something related to caching because the response I
got was a little less than 64KB and if I added some more HTTP
headers, the body was shortened by exactly that number of characters.
I tried to add some whitespace at the end and found out that the next
pint at which the webserver sends some more data is 320KB. If I added
enough whitespace it I received the generated HTML plus part of the
added whitespace.

I tried to close(STDOUT), I tried to print CTRL+Z but neither of
those fixed the issue. Though the attempt to close(STDOUT) caused LWP
to wait for a timeout before returning the partial content.

In either case I installed SP2 and it SEEMS to work all right now.

I think it must have been broken by some hotfix or "security" patch
for Windblows.

Jenda
===== je...@krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery